For thousands of years, Traditional Chinese Medicine has revered the placenta as a powerful and invaluable part of the postpartum healing process. After giving birth many new mothers experience blood loss, fatigue, and a drop in their high pregnancy hormones; all of which are thought of as key factors in the development of the “baby blues” and postnatal depression.The the placenta aids in postnatal wellness by replenishing your system with natural iron & protein and helps reintroduce these essential hormones back into your system.
The "baby blues" affect the majority of womens. Symptoms are
- Mood Instability
- Lack of concentration
- Feelings of dependency
- Rapid hormonal changes
- Fatigue and sleep deprivation
- Physical and emotional stress of birthing
Today, approximately 80% of women experience some level of postnatal depression/mood disorder. Using the placenta for its medicinal properties during the postnatal period is a natural & healthier way you can help avoid these symptoms and the costly treatments that usually accompany them, such as medications and counseling.
Benefits of Placenta Capsules
The placenta has amazing abilities during the postnatal period; it can heal, sustain, and strengthen. Traditionally Placenta Capsules are used to help:
- balance your hormones
- enhance milk supply
- increase your energy
Placenta Capsules may also help:
- You to recover more quickly from birth
- To bring the body back into balance
- Prevent the "baby blues"
- Shorten postnatal bleeding
- Assist the uterus to return to size
- Increase postnatal iron levels
Women who take placenta capsules report fewer emotional issues and enjoy a faster, more pleasant postnatal recovery. Women, and their families, notice a marked improvement in overall feelings of happiness and well-being when taking placenta capsules. The role of the placenta does not stop at birth, so do not let your placenta go to waste...Encapsulate!
The placenta is full of feel-good hormones and healing chemicals, so it makes sense to safely welcome them back into your system during your postpartum period, in order to have a happy babymoon.
The Placenta's Healing Chemicals:
- Gonadotrophin - the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
- Prolactin - promotes lactation
- Oxytocin - for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitatebonding of mother and infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotesa feeling of connectedness with others and is often referred to as the “love” hormone.
- Interferon - stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
- Cortisone - combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
- Prostaglandins - anti-inflammatory
- Hemoglobin - replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
- Gammaglobulin - immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII - stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
I recommend the following local encapsulators